Name of the University: Carleton University, Canada.
Nature of the Collaboration: Student Exchange
Once all documents are compiled they are to be submitted to the “Office of the Study Abroad JGBS (OSAJ)” through your programme director (documents to be mailed as a zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org).
After you have submitted your Application Form, the ISSO will review your application. Data on the application will be processed for student profile and student number. Applicants who apply by the application deadline will receive their student number in a Letter of Acceptance sent to the email indicated on the application form. In this letter, you will find your Carleton University Identification Number (CUID), which will allow you to set up your Carleton email on Carleton Central, and apply for on-campus housing, should you wish to do so. Request for courses indicated on page 3 of the application are sent for departmental approval. Students who indicate courses in more than one discipline will have their request sent to each department for approval. If you require a student visa, submit a copy of this Letter of Acceptance with your visa application to the nearest Canadian Embassy/Consulate/High Commission.
Deadlines & Instructions;
- March 15th for Fall Term (September to December) or for Full academic year (September to April).
- September 15th for Winter Term (January to April).
Application Deadlines: Fall Term (September- December):
- April 15th, Letter of Acceptance sent by June
Winter Term (January- April),
- October 15th, Letter of Acceptance sent by mid-November.
Note: that after the letter of acceptance is sent, Carleton University will only contact students via their Carleton email address and students must check their account regularly for important messages and updates.
Arrival Information: Visit:https://carleton.ca/isso/arrival-checklist/
Steps for Completing the Application;
Please carefully follow the steps below in order to complete the form. Read important course selection information and note which courses are NOT available for exchange students. You will need to take a look at this information before you fill out the form.
- Complete the Incoming Exchange Application Form. Applications must be typed. Hand written forms will not be accepted.
- Submit an official transcript. The document should be an original and officially translated into English.
- Submit official proof of English proficiency if you are applying from a country in which English is not the dominant language. Documents should be original, with test dates no more than 24 months from the time of application, and should be officially translated into English. The minimum scores required for:
- Undergraduate Students:
- Internet Based TOEFL (iBT): 86 (minimum of 22 in writing and speaking, 20 in reading and listening)
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in each band)
- CAEL: 70
- CEFR: Level C1 or C2
Internet Based TOEFL (iBT/ Next Generation): 100 (minimum of 25 in writing, speaking, reading and listening)
Paper Based TOEFL (PBT): 580
IELTS: 8.0 (minimum of 7.5 in each band)
CEFR: Level C2
Pearson Test of English (PTE)(Academic): 60 overall (minimum 60 in each Communicative Skill)
Submit copy of valid passport photo identification.
- Undergraduate Students:
For Carleton University Exchange Application Form Visit http://carleton.ca/isso/new-students/incoming-students/
Submit the following documents with application:
- Official proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, CAEL or CEFR) must be translated into English with a test date no more than 24 months prior to application
- Copy of valid passport information page with photo identification
- Most recent official transcript translated into English with the Home Institution’s Grading System
- List of Carleton courses the student would like to be registered in, including course titles and course codes (8 courses must be provided for a one term exchange and 14 courses are required for a full year exchange).
- Portfolios must be included for students applying for courses in Architecture, Industrial Design and Interactive Multimedia Design (IMD)
- An audition is required for performance courses in Music.
Not guaranteed. Students apply online using their Carleton University Student Number, which is provided in their Letter of Acceptance.
Application and Deadline: http://housing.carleton.ca/applying-to-residence/exchange-students/
Residence Fee Breakdown: http://housing.carleton.ca/residence-and-meal-plan-fees/breakdown-by-term/
Off Campus accommodation: Students are responsible for securing their own accommodations. Visit the off-campus housing website (http://housing.carleton.ca/off-campus- housing/) offered by the Department of Housing to access listings and other resources.
Health Insurance : UHIP: All students are required to enroll in a mandatory University Health Insurance plan. https://carleton.ca/isso/uhip/
U-Pass: A mandatory bus pass and train pass for the city of Ottawa. Charges will automatically be applied to the student account upon full-time course registration. https://carleton.ca/upass/
Living cost estimation for 8 months:
On Campus: $10,646-13,050
(Fees include the residence room, meal plan, internet, local phone service, residence association fees and all utilities for the academic year. Prices vary based on single or double occupancy and meal plan selected.)
Off Campus: $7,600
(one bedroom with shared kitchen/bath, includes utilities, laundry, and groceries)
Books and Supplies: $1,300
(varies according to program)
Personal Expenses: $2000