|START DATE||END DATE||DURATION||LAST DATE TO APPLY||PROGRAM FEE (YEARLY)|
31st August, 2018
31 July 2020
15 August 2018
Rs. 5.50 Lacs
The MBA-FOB programme at Jindal Global Business School (JGBS) is a tailor-made post-graduate level professional degree programme for candidates who come from Indian business families and are looking to significantly upgrade their skills set allowing them to manage their business more effectively. The MBA-FOB is a differentiated offering designed to equip Indian businessmen with an appropriate skills-set and knowledge to make their business future ready. We at JGBS recognize the great and vital impact family businesses are making on the Indian economy and therefore JGBS has designed this programme to provide knowledge on latest business trends, required skills set to successfully manage the day to day challenges of businesses, both at macro and micro level, for young leaders of Indian business families. The MBA-FOB programme:
- Is targeted mainly at the next generation of young Indian business leaders of family-owned businesses.
- Is of “24 months’ duration
- Provides a world class professional atmosphere and Infrastructure at the heart of Delhi (Qutab institutional area)
- Provides an opportunity for participants to focus on their business operations side-by-side while learning in a joyful and academic environment.
- Gives access to its International Immersion Programme (JGBS has tie-ups with 25+ Global Universities/B-Schools worldwide).
- Provides special mentoring sessions, Guest lectures, Seminars from the top Industry leaders, CXOs, Business Tycoons from the industry.
- Has startup support from our CBIE (Centre for Business Incubation and Entrepreneurship) for new and innovative entrepreneurial and business ideas.
The Pedagogy for the MBA-FOB programme is innovative and is informed by the best practices of top business schools worldwide. Some of the major aspects of the MBA-FOB pedagogy follow:
- Experiential courses: Specially designed for MBA FOBs to gain the practical knowledge through "learning by doing".
- Rural and Social Entrepreneurship (RSE)Project: Under RSE project candidates would identify an unmet need in rural areas and would build a business solution/proposition as part of a project spread over two terms.
- Workshops and Seminars: Regular workshops and seminars would be conducted at JGU campus on specific and relevant themes by highly qualified and experienced experts from industry and/or academia. These sessions would provide a highly invigorating platform for getting knowledge about topical and cutting-edge business trends and best practices.
- Simulations: A simulation is an imitation of a real-life business operation or situation spread over time. The MBA-FOB programme has a rich collection of business simulations for candidates enrolled in the programme for enhanced learning.
- International Immersion Programme (IIP): JGBS has collaborations with 25+ top universities and business schools worldwide (details later in the page). Candidates will get an opportunity to visit universities in different geographies in the world to gain first hand knowledge about the cultural, geographic, economic and administrative aspects of various geographies.
The curriculum for the MBA-FOB programme follows a unique and highly impactful three step course structure as illustrated below.
Following this three-step structure the MBA-FOB programme has the following course structure.
Duration of the Programme & Venue:
- 24 months; Course Starts on 1st Aug 2018 and Ends on 31st July 2018.
- Venue for the classes: Qutab Institutional Area (New Delhi).
Admission (Eligibility & Selection Process):
To be eligible for JGBSs MBA(FOB):
- Candidates need to possess an undergraduate degree* from a recognized institution at the time of admission.
- Candidates should be from Indian business families, that is, either their parents or close relatives should be running a business.
*Candidates expecting their graduation within a few weeks from the time of admission to JGBS programme are also welcome to apply. They would be given a provisional admission, subject to fulfilment of other requirements.
The selection to the MBA-FOB programme at JGBS is competitive and is made based on the overall profile of the candidates. The sequence for selection for the programme is listed below:
Step 1: Graduation completed/Expected shortly
Step 2: Entrance Test (CAT/GMAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores are acceptable
Step 3: Application Screening (Online application form at http://www.jgbs.edu.in )
Step 4: Personal Interview
Step 5: Offer for Admission/ Rejection