Name of the Partner: University of Texas, Dallas – Naveen Jindal School of Management (NJSOM)
Nature of Collaboration: Student Exchange & Dual Degree
Once all documents are compiled they are to be submitted to the “Office of the Study Abroad JGBS (OSAJ)” through your programme director (documents to be mailed as a zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org)
International exchange scholars coming to UT Dallas are required to satisfy the following protocol:
- You need to be enrolled in one of the international institutions that have included exchange mobility in its collaboration with UT Dallas.
- Submit your candidacy at your home institution before deadlines.
- Your home institution is required to recommend to the UT Dallas Office of International Education your candidacy as an exchange scholar at UT Dallas. The following link provides the Memo template to be completed by your home institution: http://www.utdallas.edu/oie/iesutd.doc
- Submit your application to UT Dallas Office of International Education (through JGBS) Application Form. Moreover, as a potential exchange scholar, please follow these instructions for a successful application process:
You need to apply as a regular graduate candidate, satisfying program admission and requirements specified in the program agreement between UT Dallas and your home institution.
Once your admission is approved, your file is transferred to the Office of International Student Services. This office will contact you if more information and/or documentation is required to issue your I-20 for your student visa (F1).
- Keep in mind that you are required to submit a "financial affidavit" to confirm your financial resources for living expenses, books, and health insurance during the length of the exchange program.
- You will need to obtain an international health insurance, including repatriation insurance as specified by the Office of International Student Services: http://www.utdallas.edu/insurance/index.html
- You will need to submit proof of vaccination for tuberculosis (TB) upon arrival.
- You will be responsible for any immigration fee, including the International Orientation Fee.
Criterion for Transfer Admission:
All transfer applicants must be in good academic standing from the last college attended, regardless of the number of transferrable semester credit hours.
Applicants with 29 or fewer transferrable semester credit hours will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Applicants may be required to submit additional documentation (official high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores or an essay) to demonstrate academic readiness.
Applicants with 30 or more transferrable semester credit hours and a cumulative transfer GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale will be reviewed for admission. It is recommended that students complete the following courses with a B or better: English 1301 or 1302, college algebra or higher (not trigonometry), a social science course, and a major-related course or a core lab science course. Note: some majors may require a B or higher in calculus.
Before you apply:
- Request information about UT Dallas.
- See the programs of study offered.
- Review the list of degree programs offered at the Collin Higher Education Centre (CHEC) in McKinney. Review the credit by exam page to determine what course credit you may be eligible to receive through testing programs
- such as the Advanced Placement (AP) program, the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
- View our transfer credit policies.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
An approved English Proficiency Exam. English proficiency is required for all international student applicants from non-native English speaking countries. The English proficiency requirement can be waived for students from countries whose government language is English and whose education has been in English. Official, approved test scores and minimum scores are accepted from the following testing agencies:
80 TOEFL iBT (Internet Based)
550 TOEFL (Paper Based)
Pass English 112 ELS Language Centers
Scores must be less than two years old. To be considered official, test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency, either electronically or delivered in an unopened envelope that has been sealed by the testing agency. (Through JGBS) Consult the International Student Services Office page for additional mandatory information for immigration and registration purposes. Graduate students should only use the UT Dallas Graduate Application for Admission.
It can take between 4 - 6 weeks to process applications once received at UT Dallas.
As you fill out your application, remember to save every page as you input information and then submit it at the end.
Please consult the Application Fees and Deadlines page for more application specifics.
Once your application has been verified, you will receive a letter which will include your ten-digit UTD-ID. Students will need to use this UTD-ID to obtain and password online through a secure site.
Be consistent in how your name is used in all the documents you submit. Inconsistencies may cause delays in processing your documents.
When mailing your supporting documents, please fill out the UT Dallas Cover Form and include it with your official documents.
Track the progress of your application. Be sure you have your Net ID and password ready.
Graduate Student Admission Requirements are available here: www.utdallas.edu/admissions/graduate/ .
All materials submitted in the process of making an application become the property of the university and will not be returned to the applicant. For additional catalogue information see www.utdallas.edu/student/catalog/ .
How to Apply :
Complete an online application.
- Pay $50 non-refundable application fee.
- If you have fewer than 30 transferable hours, provide your current, official high school transcripts by sending them toour mailing address.
- Provide official college transcripts from all colleges attended by sending them to our mailing address.
- In order for your academic documents to be official, they must be in a -sealed envelope with the school seal or signature on the back side of the envelope.
- Provide official SAT or ACT test scores, possibly included in your official high school transcript. High school transcripts and ACT/SAT test scores are not required if you have 30 or more transferable semester credit hours or if you have been out of high school for at least 10 years.
- Complete an essay on Topic C.
- Pay a $50 non-refundable international credential fee for applicants with transcripts or other international credentials from international institutions. If you have completed college or university work from an institution recognized by that country's Ministry of Education, the following must accompany the application: • Copies of course syllabi or course descriptions
Consolidated mark sheets are not acceptable:
- Applications fee & Deadlines:
- Graduates can pay their fees using the Graduate Application for Admission website or through the UT Dallas Marketplace.
- For applications submitted on or before the regular application deadline, the non-refundable application fee is $50.
- For applications submitted after the regular application deadline, the non-refundable application fee is $125.
- Applicants with international academic documents will be assessed an additional foreign credential evaluation fee of $50.
- Applications and all supporting documents and transcripts must be postmarked by the application and documentation deadline.
- For incomplete application packets submitted after the late application and documentation deadline, a new application must be completed and submitted for any future terms for which you wish to apply.
- Individual graduate programs may have earlier application deadlines. Please check the program's Web site, or contact the program directly for more information. Contact information for programs can be found on the UT Dallas Graduate Admissions page.
Deadlines for International Applicants*
Regular Application Deadline
Late Application and Documentation Deadline
Estimated Cost of Attendance
- For more details please visit : http://www.utdallas.edu/enroll/apply/cost.php
Registration and Transfer of Credits
Graduate exchange students must register for at least 9 credit hours during the Fall or Spring semester or 6 credit hours during the Summer semester.
Upon completion of your program at UT Dallas, you will need to request that your official transcript be sent to your home institution prior to your departure. You may do this in the Office of the Registrar.
Please keep in mind that the exchange mobility between UT Dallas and your home institution may require specific components for final approval. Consult the Office of International Education at your home institution or our office for further information.